Advanced Veterinary Services for Ailing Cats & Dogs
Carlson Animal Hospital has the expertise to diagnose and treat complex veterinary issues. Skilled in both veterinary internal medicine and surgery, we provide the highest quality medical and surgical care to the western Chicago suburban region. For many clients, we’ve become the "go to" hospital for more complicated veterinary issues.
State-of-the-art equipment and rigorous study and training help to distinguish us, along with a genuine concern and respect for your pet. With credentials from both the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners, we emphasize continual improvement. We routinely attend medical and surgical forums, while reading the most current veterinary research. Further, we regularly consult with esteemed universities and veterinary research centers in order to provide your pet with cutting-edge care.
- Help for pets with allergies and skin issues—Is your pet itchy and scratching? We can provide relief.
- Hope for pets with cancer—We deliver effective, high-quality treatment to cats and dogs living with cancer.
- Cardiology—Rely on us to provide medical management of heart disease.
- Endocrinology—Addressing pet diabetes and other hormonal disorders.
- Pet eye care—Not to be ignored, eye injuries and problems are a special interest.
- Gastrointestinal care—Occasional bouts of diarrhea and vomiting are not uncommon with pets, but it can also signal gastrointestinal disease. Read more to know when to be concerned.
- Infectious diseases in cats and dogs—Many are serious or even deadly. Don’t neglect important vaccines. Read about how some infectious diseases are on the rise, as pets travel more with their owners.
- Neurology—We diagnose and treat the wide variety of diseases affecting the nervous system.
- Orthopedics—Keep your cat or dog free of pain with orthopedic care.
- Digital imaging—Digital technology has revolutionized veterinary care, and we own some of the best radiology and ultrasound equipment in the region.
- Urogenital care and nephrology—Expertise in diseases of the kidney, bladder, prostate, and other urinary and genital organs, including urinary obstructions in cats, urinary bladder disease, and kidney failure.
For more information about any of the advanced veterinary services we offer, please contact us.
My dog has never had such a thorough initial exam as with Dr. Swindell. Dr. Carlson was very compassionate, and clearly explained the diagnostics and treatment plan. I appreciated the doctors consult.
– Robin Dannevik